Tuesday, May 18, 2010

No longer a bridesmaid, now an ABO



The registration table is ready. My bike is ready. I'm the only volunteer today. I had others, but life intervened. So my plan is to start the brevet then ride to the DuQuoin checkpoint. After that I'll ride across country to meet the riders at the 100 mile mark to encourage them (not really a secret control), and meet them back here at the finish.

John Jost, my Regional Brevet Administrator (RBA) is training me to be his newest Area Brevet Organizer. He says that ladder of success in RUSA is: Rider, Route Owner, ABO, RBA, President. He assures me that if I can succeed as an ABO, I'll be well on my way to the top job in our organization. I hope he's right. I can imagine it now...RUSA President Miles....

No comments:

Post a Comment